News Update on outcastii.net

If you need some help or simply just want to share your passion and ideas for this great game, this forum is yours

Moderators: Jami, SKEMETH, zigue

Postby Administrator » 14 Dec 2003, 21:22

We just published a news on the website !

Follow the link : http://www.outcastii.net/eng/index_eng.php

Cheers !
Administrator
Administrateur

Postby toshiro » 16 Dec 2003, 21:06

i havent got the chance to read it yet, bit it looks very ineresting!
thanks guys!
toshiro

Postby Jub Jub » 17 Dec 2003, 1:16

Thanks guys. [respect] I'm glad you shared it with us.
The story is good, but I keep getting the feeling that it was written for the PS2 fans who never played the OC. Also the Sari (Did I say that right?) is kind of annoying. Cutter shouldn't need a side kick. And if I read right, did it say Cutter marrys a Talan? [moder] That's just freaky! [:x]
"If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?"

Official Outcast Sexy Club Member #1
Jub Jub

Postby zigue » 17 Dec 2003, 9:53

Hi !
No, Cutter doesn't marry a Talen. Showing his strength is necessary to be part of the Talan Community and to be allowed to marry with a Talen ...
Well, that's what the script said ... [owell]
I don't think this episode would have had any influence on the game itself ... [;)]
zigue
outcastii.net team

Postby toshiro » 19 Dec 2003, 16:06

the story sounds great...it could have made quite a game!

i just hope you guys don't get yourselves into trouble for publishing this document [:)] .
toshiro

Postby Jub Jub » 20 Dec 2003, 1:48

*Sigh* That's good. [:)] It would have been too weird if he did marry a Talan. Still I like the Kronos Project Script Better. Even though this script is good I still think it's very annoying that they don't see you as the Ulukai and Cutter doesn't even know what happened. Argh, in the interview they said that Marion wasn't coming back. That's what made the end so good. It was dramatic, not like those crappy stories where all the good guys make it out. It just annoys me too much that it's like Outcast I never happened. I would prefer it like the Kronos Project. Only Cutter makes it out and he retires and lives in his Motana house. A year or so later he gets a call from his former commander. The commander tells him that a Talan came through and is asking for the Ulukai. You can take it from there. [:D]
DAMN THE SAI! [moder] Just kidding. [loll]

Jub Jub

Postby zigue » 20 Dec 2003, 14:31

Well, I think Outcast II should have been something between a "prequel" and a "sequel" ... But on the other hand, it would have been too difficult for those who didn't new Outcast (and especially for console players) to understand all these stories about "space and time" and why dead characters would have been there again ... It's already disturbing for us ...
This script could have been good as an introduction to a larger story (turned into a movie for example), but making a game of it, I don't think so ...
That's maybe the reason why Appeal took only a part of this first script (the Consortium, military forces, Talen, ... ) but dropped almost everything else making references to Outcast and make only a sequel based in the future : the "Kronos Project"

For those who are interested in th development of mods, I think it's pretty interesting to have all those material : with the last "screenshot", the "script" and the "weapons" you can easily (?) figure out what could the first part of the game look like ... Landing, crashing, meeting Talans and Talens, fighting in the vegetation, in tunnels, on channels, ... I really believe you have everythning you need ...

Go Go Go ! [;)]

Edited By zigue on 20-12-2003 : 14:41
zigue
outcastii.net team

Postby Jub Jub » 21 Dec 2003, 2:13

Easier said then done. [;)] It's hard to make a mod but I'll try to model an assault rifle in Maya. As I always say, let's start small. We've got a Cutter skin in the making and I can probably export my HK-P12 to Unreal 2003.
I've also got a different story in my head. Maybe I'll try to write it. [rollin]
Right now we've got to get some more people for the mod and we need to finalize the engine for it.

Jub Jub

Postby kikkum » 25 Dec 2003, 13:27

Wow, I'm totally loving this shit [luv]
Great great great. It's like, further in the past or sumthin? With Eyridium being Hélidium and Ancients still being present (that he saves) and the regions having different names (the female Island wasn't called O Lanta before.. what was it again.. Kizaar, yes) I'm bluddy adorin' it. It's like the whole Middle Earth universe with histories and all.. *ENTHOUSIASM!!*
But well. Yeah. Too bad. [xx(]
Signature.. Let us think about that word for a minute. What do you think of when you hear the word 'signature'.
For me, a signature blabla, blabadeebla blabla...
kikkum

Postby kikkum » 25 Dec 2003, 13:31

Ow, and I for one DO like that Saï idea. Gotta have something to replace my trusty Twon-Ha. [lut3] And it's original. Like this whole world would have been. The same world, a different era. Put in some links to the strange things you found in OC1 like those faces in Okaar and it'd been heaven. Well to me it would have been. [^^] [:D] [fou]
Signature.. Let us think about that word for a minute. What do you think of when you hear the word 'signature'.
kikkum

Postby Antaeus ][ » 25 Dec 2003, 14:28

I think that saï critter is just plain old weird. Outcast was a lot more subtle and mysterious, and I think that a critter which gives you special powers doesn't really fit in. Overall, I think this story is a little over the top, but then again I'd have to see it in the real game. Perhaps then it would make some sense to me.
Official Outcast Sexy Club Member #2

Aliens would have a field day abducting your ass - Antaeus
Antaeus ][

Postby Jub Jub » 26 Dec 2003, 9:36

All right, another anti-Sai believer. [loll] Just kidding, but seriously I would prefer if Cutter was more or less alone. I never heard anything of a Twan-Ha in the second one, either. [moder]

Jub Jub

Postby kikkum » 26 Dec 2003, 11:39

Perhaps the best solution would then be the ability to slay the thing if you like and building in solutions in which you don't have to use it. Then everybody gets their way [cheer]
kikkum

Postby kikkum » 26 Dec 2003, 11:54

Hm, I just thought up something, and it's probably a bit far fetched [:D] But, like, well, the word Hélidium or Eyridium if you like, they don't sound really typically Talan. The -ium part of the word especially indicates, well, some Latin basis or something, or at least something human. So then the humans would have eventually been in an even further past and well, that opens up some new ideas... [lut]
kikkum

Postby Antaeus ][ » 27 Dec 2003, 12:48

Or Helidium is just the "earth" name of the crystal. Remember that the Talan had learned english from Kauffman. Besides, remember that in English we say Oxygen, while in Dutch we say Zuurstof, and it's the same basic element.

Oh and I have another chemistry question, which is out of this discussion, but hey.
Aluminium is a metal that doesn't rust (at least I think it doesn't). If you create an alloy of say Titanium and Aluminium, would this have as result a very strong metal that doesn't rust, or is the non-oxidatable (sp?) property of Aluminium lost in the process?
Official Outcast Sexy Club Member #2

Aliens would have a field day abducting your ass - Antaeus
Antaeus ][

Next

Return to Outcast