Outcast sourcecode

If you need some help or simply just want to share your passion and ideas for this great game, this forum is yours

Moderators: Jami, SKEMETH, zigue

Postby Fisu » 15 Feb 2004, 17:02

After trying to unsuccesfully get Outcast to work inside Wine in linux, it came to me that there still might exist sourcecode for the Outcast. Since the propability that someone might still be holding outcast sourcecode and be willing to release it is low, I'm going to be very brief.

First of all has someone else here researched into the matter ie. asked ex-Appeal developers about it? Is infogrames actually holding the rights to the code? Has the code been 'lost'?

Naturally the right way to handle release of such code would be to release the code under GPL or similar license and keep the rights to the data, which has happened with games like Duke3D, Doom and Quake2. The source code would allow the game to be ported SDL and of course would allow anyone to make fixes and modernization to the code (Do you have that Pentium V to run Outcast voxel engine in 1024x768? :-)).

If I don't get any replies to this I'm probably going to try to hunt down some email adresses of ex-Appeal developers and ask Infogrames about it.

email: ttonteri@operamail.com
Fisu

Postby Jub Jub » 28 Feb 2004, 5:48

Hi
You can probably email Elsewhere Entertainment.
Yves is still there, and he's replied to a few of my emails.
Go to www.elsewhere-entertainment.com
"If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?"

Official Outcast Sexy Club Member #1
Jub Jub

Return to Outcast