2-CD Outcast into DVD

If you need some help or simply just want to share your passion and ideas for this great game, this forum is yours

Moderators: Jami, SKEMETH, zigue

2-CD Outcast into DVD

Postby -= Mancubus =- » 28 Jan 2006, 21:01

Hi, pals!

Does anyone know the way to convert double-cd Outcast into one DVD.
My CDs are already not in very good shape, I afraid I can lose the game.
So I'd like to back it up, but since I've got a DVD-writer it would be great to write it on one DVD.

What can you say?

Thanks in advance!
-= Mancubus =-

Postby Nuelan » 29 Jan 2006, 15:34

Welcome Mancubus,

Well gonna be tricky just because the second CD of the game is protected and hard to copy. Maybe you can try here and there to find a solution to copy it anyway.
Nuelan
outcastii.net team

Postby -= Mancubus =- » 29 Jan 2006, 16:33

You see, I am not a newbie in backing up CDs to a DVD, and a common visitor of cd-2-dvd.com and gamecopyworld.com, since I've got a large collection of games and most of them are quite... well, old.

So, I know, how to copy Outcast CD-2-CD. Here's an explanation: http://m0004.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_outcast.shtml
But I don't want to create two more CDs: it's a waste of money, place to store and no of common sense.

Maybe someone more aknowledged than me will help with that case?...
-= Mancubus =-

Postby Nuelan » 29 Jan 2006, 16:44

Waste of money? 2 CDs cost less than one DVD don't they? Anyway, if you are using a noCD, where is the problem to copy both CDs onto a unique DVD?

And btw your CDs copied with x8 multiplier will last much more than a DVD. But this is another story...
Last edited by Nuelan on 29 Jan 2006, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Nuelan
outcastii.net team

Postby -= Mancubus =- » 29 Jan 2006, 16:49

Nuelan wrote:Waste of money? 2 CDs cost less than one DVD don't they?

Yeah, for a couple of cents less, but it's a waste cause I don't need CDs, I want DVD :)

Nuelan wrote:Anyway, if you are using a noCD, where is the problem to copy both CD onto a DVD?

The problem is caused by audio tracks on second CD. I don't know way how to put them on DVD. Nero doesn't allow to create mixed-mode DVD, and I guess, there is no such format at all...
-= Mancubus =-

Return to Outcast