First public Tech Demo of the open Outcast Project released!

If you have an idea for a MOD to Outcast, then this is the place to post it! You can help others who have posted their ideas to actualy make the MODs. Discussions concerning the editing tools inside.

Moderators: Jami, SKEMETH, jfrey

First public Tech Demo of the open Outcast Project released!

Postby Dr_Ompaa » 10 Feb 2007, 4:35

Salute, outcast veterans!

It seems like all hopes for a further Outcast have perished ... all? ... NO! ... a small bunch of OC fans coordinated over the internet simply can't sleep calmly before there is a worthy Outcast successor.
Yes, I'm talking about us "Eternal Outcasts Team" who have been working on our big project "open Outcast" for meanwhile three years!

But this time we're not coming with ideas, words or even screens - we released our first public tech Demo! That means now YOU can make your own impression on our work by downloading the package for your platform of choice (Linux and Windows so far, Mac might come soon) and walk around in the mini-preview version of Ranzaar and Shamazar for yourself!

Still I want to point out that this Tech Demo was neither optimized on speed nor on stability, you might experience problems with displaying the game on differenct hardware / operating system combinations (like some ATI cards) or crashes of open Outcast - if you can reproduce them we will gladly write a patch for the tech demo but else we will keep it this way, since we're primary occupied with the development of the next tech demo and not fixing the now old one ;)

Here some images taken ingame, so you can get an impression what the tech demo is about.

Image Image Image Image

Interested? Get the Tech Demo packages and further information at www.openoutcast.org
We're constantly on the search for people who want to contribute to our project, so feel free to contact us over our board or show the tech demo to your friends if you liked it ... the more talented people we have in our team, the nearer the FINAL release gets! :)

Outcast still alive!

Dr_Ompaa
open Outcast team leader
Open Outcast:
www.openoutcast.org
Dr_Ompaa

Postby Delgado » 12 Feb 2007, 17:05

Hi,

such good news, and nobody will read it [:)]

Thanks a lot, I will tell it to all my connections waiting for that so long.
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way, and the stars look very different today.
Delgado

Postby alcryt » 12 Feb 2007, 23:10

Feels so good to play Outcast again, even if it is far completion [:D]
OUTCAST RULES
alcryt

Postby SKEMETH » 16 Feb 2007, 5:40

Great job dudes! But I obviously can't wait to see more [nuts]
SKEMETH
outcastii.net team

Return to Outcast MODs