OUTCAST in HD (High Definition)... Yeah! There are patches!

If you need some help or simply just want to share your passion and ideas for this great game, this forum is yours

Moderators: Jami, SKEMETH, zigue

OUTCAST in HD (High Definition)... Yeah! There are patches!

Postby CutterSlade23 » 11 Sep 2010, 18:18

Examples:

Image Original resolution

Image Original resolution

ImageOriginal resolution

DESCRIPTION:

DVD-Rom/GOG.com:

OUTCAST in HD (High Definition).

In all the patches there is offered an explanation (English, Spanish) detailed of the steps to continue for its installation in the edition GOG.com. To see the steps necessary to install it in the edition DVD-Rom, it is explained after of the edition GOG.com

NOTE !!:
If you have problems with the music in GOG/DVD-Rom, first you must install the program that 'Zenger' did, to arrange the music. You will find this patch here (in addition to a program to change language in the version GOG.com and an ancient patch to put in 640 x 480)

# GOG.com in HD:

8/8/2010
Version 1 (HD-V1) does not exist already.
- Info:
There existed a hang that could happen passed a game time, although it was a little random. It was occupying this one more of 300MB.

9/1/2010
Version 2 (HD-V2 / Its weigh: 300MB)
- Info:
It preserves the map between regions on having crossed the daokas (although it recurs). The sky, it is not expanded to the resolutions that it contains.

9/7/2010
Version 3 (HD-V3 / Its weigh: 100MB)
- Info:
As weight is observed less, it support 2 new resolutions (1280x960 and 1280X1024), eliminates the map between regions (in its defect a resplendence goes out) and new system to generate appropriately the skies.

# DVD-Rom in HD:

Thanks to 'Agustin Ignacio' a fan of the game, which is present in the group of Facebook, details the installation of all the necessary patches, to run OUTCAST in HD, in the edition DVD-Rom:

1º. To install the game :D .

2º. If you see that you have problems with the music (by to sound cards in HD), to use the program that 'Zenger' did to arrange the music.

3º. To use not official patch nº4 (arrange the problems of 'Twon-ha' and to run for swampy areas and ricefields).

4º. The resolution patch. I show the version to you: HD-V3 (100MB).

5º. To run the game from the ' exe ' original (if you installed the music program, to run the game from there, blue fund and symbol white 'Ulukaï').

6º. You are list already you can use the game in HD!

All the patches can be found in the 'Technique card' (Ficha técnica) of the game (website OUTCAST-Spain).

You can hung up them to your hosting if you want 'Nuelan'.

Greetings from OUTCAST-Spain!

CutterSlade23

Postby Delgado » 12 Sep 2010, 11:35

Oopps, good news indeed. I'll try it out, let's see, how it works [respect]

One question: ist the gog.com-Version already slow-downed, or ist there still a need to patch it?
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way, and the stars look very different today.
Delgado

Postby Delgado » 12 Sep 2010, 15:25

Ok. gog-version is installed, german language is well with the patch, but no chance to do anything with the HD-Patch (HD-V3). I can't change resolution as told in the game options. Which options does Zenger mean? OS is Win XP SP3.

EDIT:

Running WinXP SP3 on a german system, NVidia GF8800GT.

I finally found a way to change resolution:

when starting the loader, Outcast shows a certain type of cpu. Here it is Pentium III 550 + 64 MB. . So i opened the Pentium III 550 + 64 MB.ini in the gamefolder, and changed resolution there (i.e. 1280x960). Write protection to the file is not needed, you can also set cinemascope=true). Then i changed resolution with the APPLYMEGAPATCH.exe to the same value: voila, here we go ;), nice playing. The only fault i can see is by diving under water: you must go down really deep, to see the ground.

It would be interesting, if this method also works with the normal CD-Version, maybe i will try it some time.

And I'm floating in a most peculiar way, and the stars look very different today.
Delgado

Return to Outcast